Platinum Management Services, LLC
Location: US - TN - Nashville
Job Profile Summary:
The essential function of the Staff Accountant is to maintain the accuracy of general ledger accounts through various accounting tasks and functions. The Staff Accountant is responsible for processing settlement runs for payable disbursements weekly and on demand for multiple entities, reconciling daily bank transactions, recording certain monthly journal entries, and reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts. This position will assist the Accounts Payable Specialist in the approval and processing of invoices and will assist in the Payables onboard training of new staff and the compilation and distribution of annual forms 1099. In addition, this position also assists the Corporate Controller with special projects in Accounting processes and systems and will assist in the generation of information as required by auditors. Additionally, the position will require the application of decision-making in the Accounts Payable and General Ledger areas. The Staff Accountant will have access to confidential personnel, company data and systems and as such will be required to maintain confidentiality and ensure such sensitive data is secured. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following - Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or tax reports and tables in accordance with GAAP, USLAI, and other regulatory entities.
- Prepare Settlement Runs for the printing and distribution of payables.
- Enter Ad Hoc invoices for manual check payments and auto-drafted activity.
- Reconcile daily imported bank transactions for all entities.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures, including Intercompany billings for management fees, payroll billbacks, and other intercompany transactions.
- Assist A/P Specialist in the approval and processing of A/P invoices entered by the locations.
- Prepare and process online payments.
- Enter monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry, and in accordance to period close requirements and assignments.
- Reconcile various General Ledger accounts as assigned and at frequency per the Finance Department Reconciliation Procedures. Recommend correcting action for reconciling items.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified timely and accurately.
- Process, or assist in processing, payments to regulatory authorities based on a review of contracts and regulations including sales, occupancy, and use taxes, franchise taxes and real estate taxes.
- Assist in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures and controls, including the formal documentation of processes.
- Assist in the onboard training of A/P processes of new field personnel.
- Prepare and generate data for audit requests as directed.
- Prepare professional correspondence and communications as needed within and outside of the Finance Department.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other Finance department personnel.
- Participate in various goals for the department as assigned.
- Participate in and follow through with company process and improvement initiatives.
- Keep all Company business including but not limited to, financials, contracts, and personnel data strictly confidential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and teamwork.
- Display excellent work habits and confidentiality, including willingness to work hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of a broad range of accounting functions. Experience in accounting principles, including accounts payable, bank reconciliations, and general ledger, is essential. Knowledge of USLAI accounting methods is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication qualities.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; performs at high levels under firm deadlines.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks and deliverables. Must have proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as computer, copier, fax machine.
- Minimum 3+ years work experience in similar role; Previous accounting experience in Hospitality Industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or directly related field desired.
- Strong Accounting ERP systems experience desired with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Workday experience preferred.
** To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties and meet requirements satisfactorily.
** As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.