Fig and Olive
Vice President of Marketing
New York-New York City
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
The purpose of the Vice President of Marketing role is to enhance the position of the company’s portfolio of restaurant outlets within the industry, help recraft and support the brand positioning and image, and drive awareness and revenue through targeted marketing and PR (both on- and off-line) on an ongoing basis. This position will be a part of the organization’s leadership team, and partner with Senior Executives and Operational leaders to drive the business forward.
Marketing and PR Plan Development and Execution
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plan(s) to achieve corporate objectives for the portfolio including developing promotional and advertising programs leveraging a variety of channels including both online (e.g. social, CRM, digital etc.) and offline (e.g. print, direct mail etc.
- Monitor competitor products, promotional and marketing activities and report business trends on a monthly Marketing & PR report
- Oversee market research to evaluate and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Create and support a guest frequency program in alignment with the brand ethos and focused on long-term guest retention
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners within the marketing and PR arenas
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, partnerships, promotional materials, and events
- Assist other departments within the organization to prepare documents and support materials as required by the marketing and branding disciplines
- Network with community leaders along with Senior Leadership and Unit leaders to assist with community relations, and develop a database of community leaders
Brand Positioning Development and Operationalization
- Support and direct rebranding efforts, and own the brand positioning oversight and integration for Fig and Olive on an ongoing basis
- Assist in identifying branding, marketing and PR firms that support the rebranding effortsSupport product research, interior design, and development along with Operational and Accounting leadership and ensure all are aligned with brand positioning
- Assist with Menu Development and ensure alignment with brand story and direction
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and assist with pricing strategy to produce the optimal revenue and profit for the organization in accordance with the brand positioning
Manage Marketing Budget Effectiveness
- Develop, deploy and control expenditures of marketing division to conform to budgetary requirement
- Assist in developing appropriate annual spends for marketing and PR efforts
- Prepare marketing activity reports showing targeted spend, ROI and present to executive management
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to ensure that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Review and analyze marketing performances against programs/targets, and work with accounting to ensure all insights are aligned with unit data and budgets
- Direct any staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control marketing programs as required
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote the brand as required
- Drive global promotions for all units and ensure that promotions are appropriate for the local market
- Assist Units in operationalizing local promotions such as happy hour, DJ nights, and marketing events
- Assist with building a local concierge program to create/cement relationships with the local concierge teams to drive business from local hotel community
Maintain a data base with contacts and VIP’s which support corporate initiatives
- Four year degree in Marketing and/or brand management in Hospitality, Restaurant and/or Business Management or its equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years in Restaurant Marketing, PR and Branding
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude and problem solving skills
- Able to present to Senior Leadership, Board Members and Key Clients at a strategic and professional level
- Extensive Consumer Insight knowledge and understanding
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and clear communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, team members, clients and consumers
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to FIG & OLIVE company values
- Able to work independently, under pressure and use sound business judgment
- Possess problem solving, reasoning, motivating, and organizational abilities
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)