General Manager (New Restaurant)
Location: US - TX - Houston
Manage a restaurant within the policies, protocols and guideline of the company to ensure customer satisfaction, employee gratification and profit maximization. Total operational and financial responsibility for an individual unit, directly perform hands-on work on an ongoing basis to ensure proper employee training, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. Provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence.
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling and monitoring labor, ensuring unit is up to par with supplies and inventory through proper organization and delegation to the management team.
- Manage and train managers.
- Ensure Occupational Safety and health Act, local health and safety codes and company safety to maintain security and assure policies are met.
- Control Profit & Loss (i.e., budget attainment both revenue and labor) by following cash control, security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, review financial reports and taking appropriate action to maintain and monitor P&L across all categories listed.
- Recruit, interview and hire FOH team utilizing company interview procedure, conduct performance review, take discipline action to ensure company standards are met by all employees, motivate and train staff daily.
- Ensure maintenance and equipment, facility and grounds through the use of a Preventive Maintenance plan based on company standard.
- Guarantee food quality and 100% customer satisfaction by auditing menu items and service performance.
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate and marketing programs.
- Provide a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the all team members.
- 8-10 years restaurant management experience in a high-volume upscale restaurant
- P&L and COGS experience and history of interaction with Accounting personnel
- Experience in maintaining all aspects of operations including HR related responsibilities
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and any other hospitality software’s
- Strategic Planning Ability
- Previous upscale restaurant management experience
- Extensive customer service and resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills. Bi-lingual preferred.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, open table and micros
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of am, pm and weekend shifts