Title: Front of House Manager
Concept: Jack Astor's
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Jack Astor's - Kingston
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey's Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the General Manager to lead our peeps to provide the highest quality standards for food, a guest experience that is outstanding, and service that is memorable
- Develop leadership skills under the mentorship of the GM and in turn coach and lead our peeps to help to ensure they receive great training and support
- Learn and manage the financials, and work to achieve and exceed established goals
- Live and teach Jacks' Values and Promises
- Use strong time management skills and attention to detail to complete our jobs
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
- If you've had 1-3 years previous restaurant management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we're interested.
- Communication is key, so you'll need to speak and write English well.
- Comfortable using computers and learning new software.
- You'll be managing sales goals, inventory, cash and other stuff that requires good math and analytical skills.
- Previous scheduling experience and Smart Serve Certification is an asset
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.