Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel companies. Operating in over 85 countries and territories worldwide, our brands employ more than 85,000 inspiring people-and we are always looking for great talent to join our team. Our culture encourages employees to innovate, share ideas, take risks, lead, and make a difference.
Breakfast Restaurant Server - Weekend/Part Time
Award winning Country Inn & Suites By Carlson in the heart of Silicon Valley is seeking an energetic and detail oriented full time F&B Server who is looking to be a part of our fun and dynamic work environment.
Compensation starts at $13.00/hr, with benefits and potential for growth into other F&B roles. F&B Servers are an essential part of our F&B team. In addition to maintaining overall organization and cleanliness of our dining area, Servers also provide exceptional service while listening to guests needs and serving food and beverages in a professional manner that will exceed our guest's expectations.
* Provide a warm and welcoming experience for our guests and clients.
* Set up dining room, clear tables, replenish items as needed.
* Greet and welcome guests; respond to guest needs outlined in Be Our Guest training.
* Clean breakfast room, vacuum, wash dishes, re-set room.
* Set up banquet room as instructed, to include linen, serve ware, glassware, electronics and audio visual equipment.
* Attend morning BEO meetings to learn event particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
* Take orders and serve food and/or beverage in a manner that will exceed our guest's expectations.
* Ensure consistency in service throughout banquets. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
* Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving food and alcoholic beverages.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* This is an entry level position; however the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of customer service or hospitality experience.
* Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, health codes, guest relations and etiquette.
* Basic knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with department managers, team members and guests
* Must possess a strong team spirit
* Food handler's training and certification will be provided if not already certified.
* Ability to transport up to 50 lbs occasionally through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
* Ability to stand and exert well paced mobility for an eight (8) hour shift
* Ability to lift, pull, push up to 70 pounds on an ongoing basis
* Must be able to squat, bend, kneel and twist on an ongoing basis
* Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
*This is an entry level position; however the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of customer service or hospitality experience.
*Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, health codes, guest relations and etiquette.
*Basic knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
*Excellent attention to detail
*Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
*Excellent communication and interpersonal skills