Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
To promote the safety and well-being guests swimming, riding, playing and enjoying the overall experience of our water resort. Lifeguards interact directly with guests by providing courteous, friendly, and professional assistance.
CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUS
To support our Vision of being recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that “makes the ordinary extraordinary!” You should champion this culture in every touch point of our business from our associates, guests, owners and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote on a daily basis will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of guests enjoying our water resort.
- Monitor guest activity and secure designated area assignments.
- Understands and applies all water park rules and regulations consistently.
- Provides assistance to guest by:
- Assists guests onto tubes
- Assists in lifting/carrying tubes to appropriate pools
- Dispatches riders down waterslides and tube rides
- Assists swimmers in distress in water and guests in distress in hotel/resort
- Assists small children with activities
- Assists guest with lost items/children
- Coordinate emergency procedures and provide first aid in emergency situations as trained and authorized.
- Project and maintain positive, professional relations/interactions with guests.
- Perform general maintenance and care of facilities and equipment as requested.
- Inspect and maintain attractions and surrounding areas, including but not limited to:
- Straightening up chairs and tables
- Cleaning surface areas and restrooms/locker rooms as necessary
- Eliminating potential slip and fall hazards
- Organize and stack tubes securely
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, training programs and in-service training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Associates are expected to learn all areas of the Water Resort Aquatics department and cross-train as a public space attendant, and CoCo Mascot. Associates may be required to work alternate positions if business needs dictate.
- Must fully comply with TPG Hospitality’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES - Has no responsibility for supervising others but may provide guidance and training to less experienced associates.
Proficient in position required job skills and knowledge. Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information. Is an active learner with a strong sense of curiosity. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues and problems. Considers multiples resources and methods for analyzing problems. Makes great decisions.
Is effective in prioritizing work; consistently manages time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy. Is time sensitive, understands how work and processes fit in with other departmental or business priorities and objectives. Is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes. Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results.
Can think and act independently with confidence. Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges.
Energy & Drive
Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks. Strives to exceed expectations and goals.
Personal & Interpersonal Skills
Welcoming and warm personality. Able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Is genuinely caring and compassionate; visibly demonstrates desire to understand others. Creates confidence and trust with others, is socially aware of self and others and is known for communicating the right message at the right time. Utilizes a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation. Is comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Is direct yet tactful and considerate of audience. Positively accepts and provides feedback.
- Must have current Ellis and Associates International Lifeguard Training Program Shallow Water Lifeguard Certification which includes: lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Knowledge of terminology/techniques to operate general lifeguard and rescue equipment.
- Ability to observe and analyze safety situations and determine appropriate course of action.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain applicable rules and regulations, prepare and maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions, remain calm, make sound decisions and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility.
- Required to stand, walk, see and hear for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry aquatic or other equipment on a daily basis; 20-40 lbs and sometimes items up to 100 pounds.
- Bending – Bend to pick up dropped items as needed. Bend to assist in guests in pools or using aquatic equipment.
- Mobility – 95% of shift covering aquatic facilities in the water resort. May require quick, sudden movements both in and out of water at depths of up to five feet.
- Swimming – Able to swim and assist guests in distress in the aquatic facility.
- Continuous standing to supervise assist various water resort outlets.
- Climbing stairs, including water resort attractions.
- Occasionally required to sit, pull, carry and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, use of both eyes, ability to distinguish basic colors and shades; depth perception and peripheral vision. Lifeguard position requires 20/20 corrected vision at all times.
Ellis and Associates Lifeguard Licensure required
Previous lifeguard experience preferred but not required.
Lifeguard, safety, first aid and CPR equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to water, moving mechanical equipment and water apparatus. Indoor Water Resort is a wet, humid and warm environment.
Work area contains exposure to chemicals such as chlorine and other water purification chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.