Van Driver - DOT Full Time
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
We are looking for an experienced AM driver for Holiday Inn & Suites, DIA. We are a busy airport located near Denver International Airport.
The purpose of a VAN DRIVER is to transport guests and fellow associates to and or from the hotel and local areas in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner using safe driving practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle, using the proper tools as necessary following the safety guidelines, including a step stool.
* Assists guests with luggage including delivery inside the hotel and pick up of guest luggage from the curb.
* Maintains an accurate shuttle activity and maintenance log.
* Communicates by two way radio and in person in a courteous, friendly and professional manner with all guests, hotel staff, and co-workers.
* Acknowledges and greets guests with a smile.
* Must be able to learn and remember pick-up and destination points, knowledge of hotel(s), main attractions in the area, and local events.
* Must have knowledge of all property parking lot entrances and exits, streets and local highways.
* Provides guest with directions as needed.
* Ability to safely drive in all variations of weather.
* Practices safety procedures at all times, including wearing seat belt and obeying all traffic laws.
* Reports needed repairs and unsafe conditions to supervisor and follows direction to seek vehicle repairs.
* Performs regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor which may include assistance within hotel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high awareness for SAFETY:
* Ability to follow local, state and federal regulations.
* Provides safe transport for guests.
* Reports any known hazards to supervisor as soon as possible.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 6 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
* Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
* For insurance purposes, van drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Exposure to outdoor elements, such as extreme cold or hot temperatures, precipitation and other conditions.
• Moderate noise levels consistent with outside environment
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
• Stand less than 2/3 of the time
• Walk less than 2/3 of the time
• Sit more than 2/3 of the time
• Lift up to 60 pounds
• Push / pull up to 120 pounds
• Must be have close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.