Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewResponsible for the upkeep, issuing and control of uniforms, including receiving and placing all uniforms in the correct number. Hanging and steaming uniforms before placing in slot. Conducting inventories. Maintain area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards. Respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate internal guests’ needs,
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check all pockets for items left by employee and return in an envelope to Lost Prevention.
- Separate soiled uniforms, and place all other items in the proper containers.
- Sort all stained/damaged uniforms and determine status for rewash or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
- Remove all debris on floors after each sorting.
- Notify Supervisor of supplies needed.
- Any damage to a uniform must be reported, before processing.
- Become completely familiar with the laundry procedure.
- Know the operation function of the steam tunnel and presser. Refer to operating manual and supervisor for specific information.
- Help with the issuing of uniforms.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience) preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of laundry/dry cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language.
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules.