Trainee of Management (German Market)
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
It all starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie, a simple touch that sets the tone to create a rewarding experience for a guest's entire stay. DoubleTree by Hilton™ understands that doing the little things well can mean everything.
If you appreciate the little things and enjoy creating exceptional experiences through perfecting little details, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with DoubleTree by Hilton. Because it's at the DoubleTree at Hilton where the little things mean everything.
What will I be doing?
As a Receptionist, you will serve on the Guest Services and Front Office Teams to meet Guest needs upon arrival and departure and to provide a comfortable stay for Guests by accommodating requests for information and offering Guest assistance as required. A Receptionist will complete the following tasks:
1. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to provide clear direction to team member. Observes performance and encourages improvement. Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, and administers disciplinary procedures for front office team member. Monitors lobby traffic and makes team membering adjustments as required.
2. Reviews VIP reservations and ensures proper handling of VIPs and groups, administers amenity orders, and resumes for incoming guests. Updates system by inputting inventory and non-inventory groups. Monitors special reservation requests handling and oversees rate changes on in-house guests.
3. Computes daily payroll, schedules, and other reports. Analyzes data and makes decisions based on prior experiences and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily and weekly forecast of expected arrivals and departures.
4. Manages front office team member, resolves guest concerns, and implements resolutions by using discretion and judgment.
5. Leads and motivates team members by leading by example and employing competent and consistent management practices.
6. Takes responsibility of the hotel as the Duty Manager in the absence of the Assistant Front Office / Front Office Manager.
7. Completes Night Shift Duties acting as the Night Manager when he / she is not on duty.
8. Actively takes part in training the team, facilitating formal training sessions and on the job training to ensure that all team members are of the same standard. Also attends training where and when required.
9. Acts as a coach and mentor to team members, reinforcing standards and expectations and motivating team members to strive for established targets.
10. Maintains discipline amongst team members, ensuring consistency in accordance with the team member handbook, Chinese Labour Law and HR guidelines. Distributes appropriate discipline when and where required.
11. Conducts PDR's, 1:1 meetings throughout the year, ensuring that the feedback given to team members is fair, unbiased and provides a platform for continued improvement, according to the Hilton standards.
12. Is involved with succession planning and development of high potential team members to ensure that all team members are trained to progress to the next level of their career.
13. Contributes to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.
14. Responsible for the smooth induction and facilitation of training for new team members, ensuring that they are trained to the minimum level standard and that they can competently complete their job and that they know what is expected of them.
15. Creating a warm and welcoming arrival for guests, ensuring that they feel expected and immediately at-home when they arrive.
16. Checking-in guests in accordance with their reservation details, ensuring that the registration card is completed, reservation information confirmed, HHonours and Frequent Flyer Number enquired about, and method of payment secured.
17. Ensuring that guests are escorted to their room that the hotel facilities and room features are explained, and that luggage is delivered in a prompt manner.
18. Handles complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Guest Relations Manager for follow up, where appropriate. Follows up with all guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution.
19. Maintains awareness of guest's profile and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
20. Acts as the first point of contact and liaison for VIP guests, ensuring that they are treated personally and recognized as an individual.
21. Allocates rooms in accordance to the guests reservation, preference and remarks, maintaining a systemized and sales focused approach to room inventory management.
22. Promotes HHonours and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program. Ensures that existing HHonours members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
23. Liaises with Sales, Reservations and the Business Development team to handle corporate.
24. Ensures that guests profiles and information is input in to the Police Report system in a timely and accurate way.
25. Applies Hilton Brand Standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
26. Has knowledge of the hotels facilities and services as well as basic knowledge of Hilton International, MEAP & other properties in China.
27. Is up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interest, sights and activities in and around hotel.
28. Ensures communication, coordination and cooperation between the front desk and other operating departments, specifically Housekeeping, F&B and Accounts.
29. Maintains the hotel systems to ensure accuracy of information and data, and that it is easy to use and operated in an organized and systemized way. Also Ensures that the Front Desk equipment and systems are functioning at all times, and that the area is maintained in a clean, tidy and organized way.
30. Passes on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person and that any pending action is completed and guest satisfaction confirmed. Conducts daily briefings, shift handovers, attends meetings and effectively communicates information to team members.
31. Ensures that the Front Office Manager is kept aware and up to date of operational issues.
What are we looking for?
1. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
2. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect and analyze accurate information and resolve conflicts.
3. Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about DoubleTree by Hilton --- where the little things mean everything.
More than 250 properties in countries throughout the world
More than 230 million cookies have been served, and still baking!
Hotel chain continues to grow rapidly
Features the signature Sweet Dreams™ Sleep Experience