A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Proactively approach and secure new accounts and increase production of assigned accounts using Total Account Management methodology to secure both business transient and group business. Increase account penetration, grow profitable relationships and assure positive recognition within the local community for the hotel.
- Solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from assigned volume accounts and prospects that meet criteria established in the hotel business plan
- Work to shift market share from competitive set through account planning and long term business strategies
- Employ revenue management techniques to recommend nationally and locally priced rate proposals
- Accurately prepare and present Requests for Proposals so that both client and hotel receive a good value
- Provide customers with high level of attention, account customization and strong account relationships
- Create long term business strategy to provide greater returns over time
- Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date contact management system
- Collaborate with national brand sales representatives to create strategic solutions for each account to pull through revenue
- Develop, implement and modify as needed comprehensive sales action plans and best practices for each assigned account
- Prospect for new business using a wide variety of methods, including phone, outside sales calls, customer events, community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journals, etc.
- Negotiate and close contracts that meet the hotel's business plan objectives. Desired arrival, departure and volume patterns must be met
- Internally communicate client requirements, insuring all information is accurate between client and hotel staff
- Coordinate and participate in target market trade shows and sales blitzes
- Conduct competitive analysis and maintain competitor files
- Maintain good rapport with national brand sales representatives, national travel buyers, and local clients
- Act as a liaison between the hotel and local community organizations, such as CVB, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Travel to tradeshows may be required as relates to market segment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Brand specific property management system(s)
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening skills
- Ability to use analytic skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Four year degree preferred
Minimum 2 years hotel sales experience required.
Benefits : Complimentary parking provided