Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
STOREROOM CLERK (PART-TIME)
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week. The Storeroom Attendant is responsible for receiving, counting, weighing and checking quality and storage of food, beverages and other items goods in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management. Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain accurate inventory of food, beverages and other items.
- Follow established procedures for taking and recording inventory.
- Order food, beverages and other items, if assigned.
- Receive and inspect incoming merchandise to ensure quality and for correct billing.
- Prompt transfer of incoming merchandise to appropriate storeroom.
- Store goods in proper areas.
- Label, date and perform storage rotation to avoid spoilage and comply with sanitation and safety standards and regulations.
- Ensure security of merchandise.
- Adhere to key control system.
- Mop and sweep storeroom and walk-in floors.
- Keep loading dock neat and clean at all times.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.