Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for assisting with the daily supervision of stewarding operations. These responsibilities include supervising stewards, while ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the properties supplies and stewarding areas.Essential Functions
- Maintain a positive physical appearance of the stewarding and back of house areas
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports and daily log of events
- Maintains continuous observation of stewarding supplies, work, storage and surrounding areas to ensure apparent safety hazards are reported and corrected promptly and the safety of employees is a primary focus
- Check work stations for proper supplies, organization, cleanliness and mechanical problems. Instruct designated personnel to correct deficiencies
- Communicate Kitchen and Restaurant service needs from Stewarding throughout the shift and ensure that all requirements are met according to specifications
- Assist Stewarding staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment/machinery
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Must be able to provide legible communication and direction
- Be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments
- Previous experience in food and beverage, preferably in a leadership role