The Citizen Hotel is currently looking for an enthusiastic individual who is a team player with a positive attitude to join our Stewarding/Culinary Team as a Steward. Candidate must be flexible to work mornings and evening shifts during the weekdays and weekends. The Kitchen Steward is responsible for the overall kitchen sanitation process and procedures, including, but not limited to, cleanliness, quality and consistent production of all china, glassware, and silverware operations. (This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Pension Trust Fund, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
REPORTS TO: Stewarding Supervisor/ Kitchen Managers/ Supervisors
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of all areas of the dishroom, kitchen aisle, and dock area.
Break down trays, set up dish machine, wash dishware, and sort and store all clean china, glass and silver using proper procedures.
Empty trashcans and wash inside and outside.
Thoroughly clean dock area and dumpster.
Break down dish machine and clean inside and outside.
Clean all breakdown tables.
Clean tile walls and baseboards.
Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* At least 1 year of stewarding experience or cleaning related experience preferred
*Flexible schedule required including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of chemicals, sanitation and ware washing techniques and procedures.
• Strong motivational skills.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments and locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
• The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
*On site attendance required.