Real Hospitality Group
Location: US - FL - Fort Lauderdale
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
Purpose for the Position: To provide accurate and timely accounting data for properties assigned to individual and assist with various accounting functions as assigned by the Director of Accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle multiple properties cash management. Reconcile bank accounts weekly and manage the payment of AP to the cash flow of individual properties.
- Perform a variety of regular and recurring accounting functions requiring professional competency.
- Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets.
- Compile and prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepare financial statements for multiple properties on a monthly basis.
- Use judgment and professional skills in determining appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting.
- Concurrently perform multiple assignments.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations; request disbursements.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and other reports to be used by management for analyzing financial information.
- Assist with analysis of accounting transactions.
- Prepare tax schedules and apply basic knowledge of tax rules to assist in preparation of tax reports and returns.
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Understand and use math concepts in order to design a financial or economic system.
- Interpret technical information presented in mathematical or diagram form in order to work with things like real estate, property valuations, and stock market reports.
- Work math problems quickly and accurately.
- Understand and use computers and related equipment.
- Speak and write clearly to report financial information.
- Plan and direct the work of accounting clerks and other workers.
- Be available for work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and small tools. Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing are required demands for this position. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: apply mathematical operations to frequency distributions, reliability and validity tests, normal curve analysis of variance, correlation techniques, etc.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Negotiating: Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation:Specific vocational training includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Bachelor's degree preferred.