Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
POSITION START DATE:January 2017
BASIC FUNCTION: Manage the kitchen staff in the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products. Position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the kitchen. Monitors food and labor costs. Assists Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu and production changes.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two year college degree or equivalent.
- Two years related experience.
- Four years management experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of Micros.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s), and/or corporate clients.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speaks, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Intermediate or above experience in Excel formulas for forecasting and scheduling
- Serve Safe Certification and State Sanitation Certification preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistently smooth running operation.
- Manage the daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food for the properties restaurants, banquets, and room service to ensure a quality and consistent product.
- Forecasting and scheduling of staff according to occupancy levels.
- Daily tracking of payroll and revenue.
- Ensure physical atmosphere and cleanliness of all areas of responsibilities.
- Monitoring of all current inventories and assists in end of the month inventories.
- Attending department head, conference review, food and beverage and pre-con meetings as required.
- Responsible for timely performance evaluations of staff.
- Maintaining profitability through forecasting and staffing.
- Handling of guest complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- Providing a pleasant and efficient atmosphere for staff and guests.
- Manage all property programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs and STOs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Assist in recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through corporate guidelines, hold monthly meetings.
- Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service. Must have Serve Safe Certification and State Sanitation Certification.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V