The purpose of this role is to plan, solicit, book and coordinate sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals and manage customer and brand relationships to ensure that all revenue and marketing opportunities are realized. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
You will be expected to the following:
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Increase our market share through relationship building, trade shows and community/professional organizations.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- Exceptional communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
- Knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills as well as impeccable associate and customer relations.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- At least 1 full year of employment in a hotel sales position.
- A 4 year college degree or equivalent education/experience preferred.