Server Assistant/Food Runner
Hotel De Anza
Server Assistant/Food Runner
California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Waitress/Waiter, Banquet Services
Hotel De AnzaHotel De Anza, a downtown San Jose luxury boutique hotel, offers the ultimate combination of classic architecture, modern comfort and exceptional hospitality. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown San Jose and within walking distance to the SAP Center, San Jose Convention Center, various restaurants, attractions and conveniently situated only three miles from the San Jose Airport. This AAA Four Diamond hotel offers luxurious guest rooms and well-appointed amenities tailored to fit the convenient needs of the savvy traveler. Hotel De Anza's four star rated, La Pastaia Restaurant continually delights Bay Area diners with its contemporary Italian cuisine and metropolitan ambience.
Job OverviewThe Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for working with the expo to assure prompt delivery of the food that is ready in the “hot” and “cold” windows in the kitchen. The Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for delivery to the tables in the Food & Beverage Outlet . The Server Assistant/Food Runner and expo work both together and independently to assure that every plate looks correct and to deliver hot/cold food in a timely manner to the guests in all outlets. The Server Assistant/Food Runner together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal.Essential Functions
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.