The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York City
Statement of Purpose:
The Server Assistant's priorities and responsibilities are to exceed our guest's expectations by providing them with the highest level of consistent, professional and courteous service.
- To uphold The Mark by Jean-Georges Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities.
- To adhere to company policies and procedures, as stated in the company Handbook.
- To provide the highest quality service to guests at all times, by instilling the Jean-Georges philosophy "The client is king".
- To treat every guest, employee and vendor with respect and dignity.
- To report to work on time and in proper uniform, always punching in and out as required of all employees.
- To promote teamwork within the restaurant, creating a positive work environment.
- To properly execute all necessary steps of service.
- Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and organization throughout the restaurant at all times.
- To provide exemplary service to all guests by applying knowledge of service and the food and beverage menus.
- Attend Pre-Shift Daily
- Perform other job related activities as required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Complete a positional training program with validation measures throughout.
- Check identification of all guest's under age of 30.
- Maintain accurate financial records of the shift, including all discounts and comps
- Respond positively to any guest's requests.
- To be present and participate in all monthly training seminars
- To execute daily side work with enthusiasm and motivation.
- To check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their experience and meals.
- Proficient in all aspects of fine dining service
- Knowledge of food and beverage as well as a passion to cultivate this skill.
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Possess a proven track record for guest satisfaction
- Displays a confident and professional appearance and meets company grooming standards.
- A team player that understands vision of short and long term goals and has an ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- Two years prior front of the house experience in a high volume, upscale dining establishment.
May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally. Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.