Senior Accounting Manager
At Richfield, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion from within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
Richfield Hospitality sets high performance expectations, and we reward dedicated associates who are driven to produce impactful and innovative results for our guests and the company. Our flexible and nimble organization is maintained at a manageable size, enabling our associates to avoid bureaucratic red-tape. This competitive advantage drives our entrepreneurial management style that empowers our associates to make decisions, be creative, work resourcefully, and produce immediate results that exceed expectations.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all assigned areas of financial reporting. This position develops and maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions are performed, while also addressing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, month and year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all accounting operations including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Manage monthly closing process including preparation or review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and support documentation.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Manage the posting of monthly payroll and related activity to the general ledger system.
- Manage the automation of the fixed asset accounting process through the implementation of the Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting module.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen system of internal controls according to IFRS, updating as needed.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions to assure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Work with accounting staff to establish performance goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Play an integral role in the audit with outside CPA firm.
- Prepare state sales/use and other tax filings as required.
- Develop and prepare additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Engage in ad hoc projects when necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance is required
- 5+ years of applicable experience is required. Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with Great Plains is required.
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent at aggregating, analyzing and presenting data
Ability to communicate effective both verbally and in writing.
- Must have high attention to detail and project accountability
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workload.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, responding to constantly changing needs and schedules.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership abilities.
- Strong Proficiency in MS office with advanced Excel skills