What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
As a Security Manager, you are responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of security personnel, coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies, and organising patrolling of the property to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience. A Security Manager will also be required to liaise with the Hilton Safety/Security director on important matters and ensure that hotel is in compliance with all local safety regulations and emergency procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all areas of the hotel
- Coordinate with government and law enforcement agencies as necessary
- Coordinate additional personnel for Conference and Banqueting functions
- Organise patrolling of all boundary areas, bedrooms, offices, storage areas, public areas, and function rooms
- Assist the hotel in complying with Local Fire Safety Legislation
- Assist the hotel with Local Safety Legislation being specifically responsible for compliance of the security department
- Ensure tours are carried out for the purpose of fire prevention, safe means of escape, and security
- Inquire as necessary into and report upon any thefts within the hotel using your discretion in connection with any of these matters that you deem should be reported to the police
- Liaise with the Hilton Safety/Security director on the implementation of Company Policies, guides, and matters of mutual interest
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel, engage in the implementation of safety and security procedures for the department, and provide assistance and advice to other departments in relation to security
- Prepare incident reports
- Liaise with Departmental Heads to ensure hotel staff is aware of their security responsibilities
- Plan, deliver and facilitate regular staff awareness training
- Be fully conversant of company terrorist procedures and convey to staff
- Be fully conversant with hotel Fire and Emergency procedures
- Responsible for management of key control within all departments
A Security Manager serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Organised and systematic approach to problem solving
- Security industry experience in managerial capacity
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Good grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in same or similar role
- First Aid
- Fire fighting qualification
- IT proficiency
- Fire combat training