JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The Westin Washington Dulles hotel is located one mile from Washington Dulles International Airport. (IAD) and provides a comfortable retreat for our guest to relax and rejuvenate and renew in the stylish atmosphere of our hotel and enjoy onsite dining, the indoor pool, and easy access to D.C.'s local attractions. Each of our 314 guest rooms and suites offer the ultimate in comfort and technology. The spacious Dulles Airport accommodations feature refreshing amenities including the signature Westin Heavenly Bed®, Heavenly Bath®, High Speed Internet Access and our new Westin WORKOUT® room. The Westin Washington Dulles also offers over 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual and communications technology.
The purpose of the Senior Sales Manager is to coordinate and direct all sales and top line revenue activity taking place in a regional market.
Essential Job Functions
Perform duties associated with business development. Develop and follow a targeted action plan and update plan on a monthly basis. Develop, pursue and follow-through with business leads.
• Create clients by providing prospects with complete and accurate information on hotel. Determine client needs and possible objections; provide persuasive arguments to close the sale. Negotiate rates to maximize revenues.
• Develop positive working relationships with existing clients by anticipating needs and acting promptly to rectify any problems.
• Practice effective revenue/yield management to include wise negotiation and booking function space, focused solicitation during soft occupancy periods and effective rate and price negotiation.
• Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan details such as number of persons expected, display space desired, and food service schedule. Have a comprehensive understanding of the property and its offerings.
• Obtains permits from fire and health departments to erect displays and exhibits for serving food in rooms other than dining rooms. Maintain accurate and proper handling/records of catering and reservations books.
• Notifies various department heads of arrangements made to ensure high level of service and guest satisfaction. Manage time effectively, maximize sales time, focus on priorities, and complete assigned reports and projects in a timely manner.
• Directs associates in preparing banquet and convention rooms and erecting displays and exhibits.
• Inspects rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of group.
• Arranges publicity, special functions, adjusts complaints and performs other duties to promote good will
• Possess strong working knowledge of business development and sales techniques, catering and banquet operations, yield management, service standards and techniques, guest relations and etiquette, food and beverage, service ware and equipment, menu development and general hotel knowledge and practical ability to apply business knowledge in a hotel setting.
College degree in Hotel Administration Preferred; 2-3 years hotel Sales Manager/Supervisor experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in hotel of similar size and nature.