Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center
Location: US - PA - Monroeville
Prospera Hospitality is excited to welcome the Doubletree Monroeville and Monroeville Convention Center to their portfolio of Hotels.
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager.
Purpose of the Position: To increase profits by increasing room sales and generating business through aggressive sales efforts, discretion and judgment. Through independent sales efforts, this position affects business operations and profitability. Has discretionary ability to manage rates, product lines, and commits operational hotel departments.
- Sells all product lines of the hotel including catering, rooms, packages, lounge and restaurant promotions. Maximize revenue through appropriate negotiations with customer.
- Solicits business, qualifies their needs and forwards business to the appropriate Sales/Catering Manager.
- Participates in completion of all of the appropriate forms used for in-house communication (room blocks, BEOs, rooming lists, etc.) Follows up with the proper department to ensure what has been committed to the client is in fact delivered.
- Coordinates food and beverage requirements with the Catering department.
- Maintains proper documentation of records and files for follow up and future reference.
- Participates in sales blitzes.
- Solicits accounts within the market segment by utilizing outside solicitation and telephone solicitation.
- Targets accounts with viability for business
- Participates in weekly Sales/Catering Department meetings and occasional Saturday office coverage (if necessary)
- Shows the clients the hotel facilities by giving tours of the property.
- Meets budget and booking goals monthly.
- Attends sales seminars and includes out of state seminars.
- Entertains clients to solicit business by taking them to breakfast, lunch, dinner, entertainment, etc.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Additional duties which you may be asked to perform.
To Do This Kind of Work You Must Be Able To:
1. Demonstrate sales skills by verbally talking and listening to clients.
2. Prepare plans for functions by writing clear requests for each effected department.
3. Have a basic knowledge of local and national trends regarding business and competition strategies.
4. Talk with different kinds of people to give information, answer questions and provide service required.
5. Travel to local and national areas to attend seminars/functions which may involve being away from home for several days at a time.
Lifting ten (10) pounds maximum, with frequent walking, standing, sitting, smiling, talking, hearing.