We are looking for a dynamic individual to take on the role of Sales Coordinator at the new Residence Inn by Marriott, currently being constructed in downtown Calgary. It will bring 390 modern long-stay suites to Calgary’s downtown area. The hotel will cater to business and family leisure travellers looking for an extended-stay hotel as well as to groups and meeting attendees with a 6000 sq. ft. Conference Centre.
Guestrooms will feature full kitchens and separate living and sleeping areas and provide seamless connectivity to the home and office with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout, free hot breakfast daily, complimentary grocery delivery, 24-hour onsite food and beverage market, health and fitness options and comfortable public areas, including a terrace lounge and roof deck for relaxation and socializing.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Coordinator is responsible for reactive and proactive sales efforts for assigned market segments to achieve property sales objectives.
The Sales Coordinator duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Support direct sales effort through administration of sales contracts, client correspondence in a timely manner.
- Oversee and maintain the Sales Department’s filing system and Delphi data base.
- Answer calls, qualify leads, respond to customer inquiries and manage client feedback process.
- Solicit and confirm with client, all information to departments.
- Effectively communicate all changes in a timely manner.
- Participate in various other projects or events as needed.
- Champions the telephone system (message taking, caller qualification and transfer to appropriate sales person).
- Participate in regular sales strategy sessions by providing input, taking minutes, updating and distributing action plans.
- Maintain and adhere to booking guidelines.
- Conduct hotel tours and service clients within the company and property policies.
- Support Director of Sales and Sales Managers in obtaining contract confirmation/signatures/methods of payment and issue status reports to appropriate departments when required.
- Ensure that all sales contracts are communicated to appropriate parties within set time frames.
- Work closely with the Front Desk, Reservations, Housekeeping Manager, Food and Beverage and other required departments to completely satisfy the requirements of the booking parties.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Place supply orders and maintain inventory of letterhead, envelopes, conference folders and meeting capacity charts and other sales support material as required.
- Prepare welcome gifts and sales packages.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Assist with various assignments and/or projects as assigned by management company
- 2 years or more experience within the hospitality industry (sales preferred)
- Strong customer service, organization, initiative, problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Possesses high personal integrity, manages time well
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, internet, email etc.)
- Familiarity with Delphi an asset
- Post secondary education in sales or equivalent
For interested candidates, please forward your covering letter and resume directly to:
Lori Jennison, Director of Sales
Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Downtown