Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
Portfolio Hotels & Resorts is looking for Team Members who live our Core Values:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about our business
- Enthusiastically reimagine
SUMMARY: The Room Attendant is primarily responsible for guaranteeing cleanliness, supplying room amenities, and ensuring the comfort of guest room accommodations. S/He will clean and service assigned rooms or areas in a timely and organized manner according to hotel standards, service sequence, and inspection checklists to meet or exceed guest expectations.
The Room Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Ensure the guests satisfaction by providing a clean, ready guest room including:
- Making beds
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms
- Removing trash, door hangers, and laundry bags
- Organizing promotional materials
- Clean extra rooms above daily quota upon request.
- Keep all supplies, cleaning materials, and clean linens secure, free of clutter and hazards, and in assigned storage areas where others can find them and to prevent losses or damages.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Assist in maintaining hotel inventory of rooms, supplies, linens & amenities.
- Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest services of the Hotel.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are inspected, cleaned, and in proper operational conditions at all times.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Investigate new and improved cleaning methods and instruments.
- Contribute to guest services and hotel success through teamwork.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the housekeeping field
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Prior experience using hazardous cleaning chemicals, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning accessories
- Some computer skills beneficial