Radisson Hotel Corning - East Corning, NY
Location: US - NY - East Corning
SUMMARY: The Room Attendant is primarily responsible for guaranteeing cleanliness, supplying room amenities, and ensuring the comfort of guest room accommodations. S/He will clean and service assigned rooms or areas in a timely and organized manner according to hotel standards, service sequence, and inspection checklists to meet or exceed guest expectations.
The Room Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
Maintain our Core Values:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about our business
- Enthusiastically reimagine
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Ensure the guests satisfaction by providing a clean, ready guest room including:
- Making beds
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms
- Removing trash, door hangers, and laundry bags
- Organizing promotional materials
- Clean extra rooms above daily quota upon request.
- Keep all supplies, cleaning materials, and clean linens secure, free of clutter and hazards, and in assigned storage areas where others can find them and to prevent losses or damages.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Assist in maintaining hotel inventory of rooms, supplies, linens & amenities.
- Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest services of the Hotel.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are inspected, cleaned, and in proper operational conditions at all times.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Investigate new and improved cleaning methods and instruments.
- Contribute to guest services and hotel success through teamwork.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the housekeeping field
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Prior experience using hazardous cleaning chemicals, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning accessories
- Some computer skills beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read and speak some English
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Schedules are based on occupancy levels and business of hotel
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand and walk on feet throughout the shift
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull 35 lbs or more (as much as up to 150 lbs)
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements
- Must be able to frequently reach overhead
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on a frequent basis
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, hoisting, leveraging items onto carts, or crawling on floor sometimes necessary to clean
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to work in variable room temperatures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.