Westin Wilmington Riverfront
Location: US - DE - Wilmington
Wilmington, DE, US 19801
Service of food and beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
• Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
• Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy.
• Input the order into the point of sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
• When complete, retrieve order up to 30 lbs. from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
• Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
• Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
• Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
• Operate the point of sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
• Comply with all PM Hotel Group cash handling and house bank contract policies and procedures.
• Present the check to guests promptly.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift. Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons. Ability to operate a keyboard and learn point of sale procedures.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.