JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
***The successful candidate would need to be able to work primarily AM breakfast shifts. ****
The purpose of the Restaurant Server is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for restaurant service. The Restaurant Server must ensure guest satisfaction through dining room cleanliness and attention to our guests needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure guest satisfaction through dining room cleanliness and attention to guests’ needs.
- Thoroughly and correctly sets up the assigned work station prior to opening and cleans station at end of shift according to JHM and Franchisors operational policies and standards to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.
- Completes all necessary side-work as per restaurant schedule.
- Knowledgeable about all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods.
- Answers guest’s questions regarding such with confidence and accuracy.
- Is aware of all daily specials, soups, drinks, wines and “86” items.
- Greets guests promptly at table.
- Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to increase check averages.
- Takes order accurately and inputs into kitchen food management and ordering system. Follows proper procedures in completing guest checks and submitting information to kitchen.
- Check guest order prior to serving to insure that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Serve guest order promptly according to service standards. Returns as appropriate to ensure all of guest’s needs are being met and to suggestively sell other items.
- Pre-busses and busses all tables as per restaurant standards and prepares for future customers.
- Notifies manager of all food and beverage supplies needed to ensure efficient operation of restaurant.
- Has working knowledge of property and all facilities to respond to guest questions effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.