Allegretto Vineyard Resort
Location: US - CA - Paso Robles
JOB PROFILE (a summary of key responsibilities and subjective attributes):
Reporting to the F&B Manager with a dotted line to the Executive Chef & Food & Beverage Director, this hands-on, energetic leader directly focuses and oversees the front of the house and service standards of the restaurants, bar, and in-room dining. With a thorough breath of knowledge and experience in all aspects of resort dining operations, the Restaurant Manager will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Chef and F&B Manager to devise business practices and solutions that result in consistently refined and exemplary services, production of a quality product and financial success. This individual monitors and manages budgets and profitability while ensuring offerings are unique, enticing and forward thinking; responsible for developing supervisory talent while ensuring proper oversight of the line level team members. This leader will take an active role in setting and holding to ensuring the high standards and concept of Cello Restaurant are consistently adhered to on a daily basis. He/she must be able to work effectively in a quality assurance environment that embraces input from focus groups to formulate the positioning, systems development and standards of the restaurant. This individual should show a passion for excellence and will lead by example and will at all times exhibit the highest levels of professionalism in all management practices being a resource for the improvement of the guest experience and future growth and development of the resort.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
SKILLS AND Qualifications:
- A minimum of three years of restaurant management experience, preferably in a high volume restaurant with a Forb's or a AAA 4 or 5-diamond rating.
- Proven aptitude to providing a refined dining experience within a variety of surroundings.
- Refined knowledge and competency in the art of wine as well as the industry.
- Proven supervisory skills and the ability to provide leadership in a three-year growth plan.
- Knowledge of California liquor laws, health department regulations, and TIPS certification.
- Proven ability to productively interface with internal operating departments and hotel staff.
- Background exhibits success in developing teams and talent.
- Problem-solving skills to professionally address both internal and external issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, including Word and Excel.
- Professional track record, appearance and demeanor.
- Providing floor with secured wine &liquor, ensures security of store rooms.
- Solid analytical skills that demonstrate knowledge and understanding of financial responsibilities.
- Proven administration skills to include:
- Organized implementation of business
- Oversight of Wine & Liquor control
- Department orientation
- Training, coaching, and counseling staff for maximum productivity and development
- Regulating schedules, directing work, and conducting performance evaluations
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding and difficult customer situations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when business requires.
- Flexibility, team camaraderie and proven ability to productively interface with internal operating departments and hotel staff.
- Problem-solving skills to professionally address both internal and external issues and to appropriately interact with co-workers and supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of liquor laws and regulations, health department regulations, and TIPS certification.
- Basic knowledge of Food & Beverage point-of-sale systems.
- College degree (preferably in business or hotel management).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Set and meet financial goals.
- Work in partnership with the Chef & F&B Manager to conceptualizing service enhancements that are in sync and complementary to the various meal periods.
- Oversee food and beverage special programs including entertainment and holiday events.
- Ensure established standards of guest service are consistently upheld, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Ensure a consistent, quality product is delivered.
- Continuously invest in the overall development of the service staff, through regular training, development, coaching, and counseling.
- Communicate and coordinate interaction of his/her departments within the food and beverage division
- Provide direction, support and communication to all outlet associates as needed to ensure complete guest satisfaction and attention to detail
- Exhibit a "hands on" approach to training, developing and working along side employees and a commitment to individual growth. Maintain an open door policy to encourage and support positive employee relations and guest satisfaction.
- Establish service standards and ensure compliance in outlets through walk-through observations and touching of the guests.
- Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant; make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Control usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
- Plays a role in the oversight of all aspects of the Restaurant's operation including:
- Controlling costs
- Maintaining par and inventory levels
- Requisition and distribution of products to the outlets
- Training and education programs for all servers including service and TIPS
- Handle human resource concerns including orientation, uniform distribution, coaching, counseling and disciplining
- Produce schedules that ensure proper coverage.
- Handle guest concerns and recognize and address potentially intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Possess basic financial management skills of:
- Reviewing and understanding weekly forecasts;
- Review and respond to variances on a monthly basis;
- M aintain labor standards (staffing levels) for the Restaurant, Bar & Room Service, which ensure that guest expectations and service standards are being met;
- Evaluating and adjusting labor as necessary, according to business levels, to maintain service levels and financial results
- Develop and promote productivity and efficiency
- Assist in formulating yearly budgets for your outlet;
- Makes to ensure maximization of inventory in the restauran