A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the worlds' finest hotels. The Group operates luxury hotels in key leisure and business destinations. In total Mandarin Oriental employs 9,000 colleagues in three continents with 10 hotels in Asia, 6 in North America and three in Europe.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the Residential Porter will keep the Resident's perspective in mind at all times in carrying out the mission of the Mandarin Oriental Residences.
Scope of Position
The Residential Porter will provide assistance to the Residential Concierge Staff by serving Resident's needs.
The Residential Porter reports to the Manager of Residences and receives instructions from the Residential Concierge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Major responsibilities
- Greet and assist Residents, visitors, colleagues.
- Deliver incoming packages, mail, dry cleaning, flowers, groceries, etc.
- Assist in coordinating Resident requests and affairs.
Requirement on Core Competencies
The incumbent will require the following personal attributes:
- Delighting our Residents
- Awareness and sensitivity to the concept of luxury and quality
- Responsive and genuine with guests and colleagues
- Confident with guest interactions
- Working with Colleagues
- Able to read and write English
- Is culturally sensitive
- Listens to fellow colleagues
- Is co-operative and committed to the MOHG Mission
- Promoting a Climate of Enthusiasm
- Has energy and drive
- Has a sense of urgency for guest requests
- Communicates clearly
- Open to feedback and learning
- Being the Best
- Achievement and goal oriented
- Is positive
- Able to communicate alternative and positive solutions to problems
- Adaptable and suitable to change
- Seeks continuous improvement opportunities
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Committed to the overall MOHG mission
- Playing by the Rules
- Operates ethically
- High level of personal integrity
- Balances needs of guests and colleagues
- Acting with Responsibility
- Establishes self-accountability
- Accepts feedback and coaching
- Able to communicate in written and spoken English
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs on an occasional basis
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Multi-lingual is preferred
Basic Function: To greet and assist Residents in a professional, courteous, efficient and team-centered manner; to maintain the security and cleanliness of the Residential Entrance and Lobby. To assist in providing professional, courteous and efficient service to all.
Job Location: Residential Entrance/Concierge Desk/Residential Lobby.
Work Schedule: Full Time/Flexible
- To be positioned at the Concierge Desk or Residential Lobby whenever possible, at post position, especially between the hours of 7am - 9am, 4pm - 6pm, and 10pm - 11pm. When stationed, one is to maintain good posture and positive body language, which suggest a willingness to be of assistance to anyone at any time.
- To properly have radio at all times. It is important that one always monitor the radio communication, and always respond back to the caller, confirming that the message(s) has been received.
- To properly sign, from shift to shift, receipt and return of the Residential Porter's building keys.
- To be acquainted with all Residents and regular visitors, and to greet them by name whenever possible, in a polite and personable manner.
- To assist with luggage, packages, groceries, etc., on behalf of all Residents. Always ask for assistance if items exceed 50 pounds, or cannot be lifted reasonably or comfortably. Items that cannot be comfortably and securely carried through the Front Lobby must be delivered into the building via the Loading Dock entrance. Please protect injury to one's self and damage to the building at all times.
- To retrieve, label, record and either deliver/store all residential packages received at the Loading Dock. Notify Residential Concierge of any packages that appear damaged in nature.
- Coordinate and communicate all deliveries, including dry cleaning, groceries and packages, with the Residential Concierge, ensuring proper, punctual and recorded delivery to all.
- To courteously direct all residential and private contractors, service professionals and large deliveries to the Loading Dock entrance (during standard operating hours). All must properly sign in at Security before gaining access to the residences.
- To notify the Residential Concierge of any maintenance or safety issues needing review and response.
- To have a complete understanding of the life safety and emergency response facilities and procedures.
- To properly secure and manage the delivery and pickup of all residential dry cleaning items.
- To maintain a clean and visually appealing Front Door space and Front Lobby.
- On the direction of the Residential Concierge or Manager of Residences, the service elevators should be properly padded for contractors, delivery personnel and moving companies.
- Residential elevators should be inspected, once at the beginning of a shift, and once at the end of a shift.
- To complete/coordinate various task requests, such as mail/package delivery, plant watering, car starting/warming, etc., as specified in Resident Vacation Instructions and directed by the Lobby Concierge.
- To properly clean and maintain the Residential Lobby bell carts.
- Run errands throughout building and potentially off-property, as directed by the Residential Concierge and Manager of Residenc(ref. 50040)