Experience the ultimate in southern charm at our hotel in the heart of historic Charleston. Opened in 1853, The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel is a unique hotel close to the Museum Mile and many historic downtown sights. We are a full service hotel with warm hospitality and friendly services.
The Reservations Coordinatoris responsible for maximizing room revenue through management of hotel reservations, and for assisting in managing the day-to-day activities and duties of the reservation department.
Duties & Job Functions
· Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing reservation activity daily.
· Review arrivals report and daily flash report to ensure accuracy.
· Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
· Input reservations and sends confirmations.
· Be knowledgeable on property information (outlets, hours of operation, etc.) and ensure the staff is trained to communicate hotel information to callers.
· Comply with hotel policies on billing, routing, master accounts, A/R accounts and PM accounts.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
· Know the hotel’s rate quoting standards.
· Assist with group reservations. Maintain and be familiar with future group blocks.
· Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
· Be familiar with and follow SOP’s and procedures in the department
· Support the training of front office associates on SOP’s, report preparation and technical job tasks.
· Assist revenue, reservation, sales, and guest services staff as needed.
· Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.