A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: Direct, coordinate and execute the overall strategy and training of the hotel level sales and marketing departments. Coordinate the sales efforts of securing new and existing volume accounts; grow positive relationships with property level and portfolio level accounts. Operate as a mentor and trainer for DOSs and salespeople and assure positive recognition, training and reporting for sales departments and stakeholders.
1. Oversee and drive the sales and marketing strategy for property level sales teams for solicitation, negotiations of contracted transient and group business. Drive the RFP process for business transient national and local accounts acting as a liaison between brand global sales teams, corporate travel managers and hotel sales teams.
2. Strategize and employ revenue management techniques with regional revenue managers, GMs and DOSs.
3. Drive the marketing plan and top line budget process, oversee and approve plans assisting sales teams where needed. Coordinate sales and operations related duties with regional VPs of Operations.
4. Hire and train salespeople on selling techniques, coordinating mystery shop program, regional prospecting, sales blitzes and sales presentations for volume accounts across multiple hotels within the portfolio.
5. Monitor sales action plans and assist in training and execution of sales functions.
6. Monitor, manage and ensure accurate sales systems such as STS, TravelClick, and owner reporting procedures are in place and are being used properly to improve sales performance.
7. Represent the portfolio at trade shows, brand conferences and other related sales opportunities to increase top line performance.
8. Coordinate ownership reporting/presentations with designated hotel sales staff.
9. Assist in onboarding new sales team members and new hotels into the portfolio, i.e., orientation, systems training, etc.
10. Conduct competitive analysis/market studies for new hotel and acquisitions with the Dimension development team.
11. Maintain good rapport with ownership groups, clients and hotel sales, revenue and operations teams.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotels.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Minimum Associates Degree in Sales & Marketing, Business, or a related field.
Minimum 5 years hotel Director of Sales experience, 3 years as a hotel Regional Director of Sales or the equivalent amount of industry experience; or, equivalent combination of education and work experience.