A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- To All merchandise entering the hotel must be supported by proper documentation (Purchase Order, Market List, Grocery List, etc.)
- Merchandise must be examined for both quantity and quality, any discrepancies must be brought up and settled immediately with the supplier.
- All applicable goods/merchandise must be weighed or physically counted. For quality like meats/poultries and other special products, approval of requisitioning department heads to be obtained.
- Ensure all merchandise are kept in good order once received and forwarded to various departments as soon as possible
- Outgoing merchandise, such as food and beverage containers, must be properly documented and accounted for as to quantity (if deposit is involved to the value, such as containers.)
- Prepare proper and accurate receiving records and distribute these records to proper departments.
- Perform goods matching procedure with the records in the System once the merchandise are received and all documents are completed
- Properly file all related documents in an orderly and clean manner for easy reference.
- Keep and maintain the receiving area and the office tidy and clean at all times, and to coordinate with the related Department the proper maintenance of the receiving area and loading bay.
- All equipment, i.e. weighing scale must be in good condition, otherwise, notifying the Materials Manager immediately for any malfunction.
- Perform any tasks as assigned by the Management
- Education Qualification: High School
- Years of Experience:1-2 years Receiving experience
- Industry Experience:Previous experience in the Hospitality or Food & beverage Industry
- Knowledge and understanding of receiving and inventory operations.
- Presenting a well-groomed, organized and business-like appearance.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Able to perform the physical tasks of the job.
- Organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Fair level of proficiency in Excel