A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a process driven leader and a good verbal communicator? Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys a team oriented environment?
If the answer is YES, The Meritage Resort and Spa is looking for you! Just like the wine that inspired its name, The Meritage Resort and Spa is the perfect blend of wine tasting, dining, spa,
beautiful event spaces, romance and indulgence— all in one California Wine Country hotel.
Responsible for assisting the Purchasing Manager with the planning, organization, development and direction of the Purchasing staff to operate at the highest service standards as they relate to efficiency, professionalism, accuracy, and customer service. Oversees the procurement of goods and services to achieve optimum price value while maintaining superior quality to ensure outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Uses corporate approved/negotiated vendors (i.e. Avendra vendors) to obtain all goods required to operate the hotel, always striving for the best quality at the lowest price. Researches new goods and/or services as needed. Obtains bids and authorizations as outlined in department policies.
- Maintains dock and all storage areas. Maintains high sanitation standards for the storeroom, walk-in, refrigerators, freezers and loading dock area to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. Keeps areas clean and organized. Sweeps and mops all areas daily.
- Maintains the inventory and ensures the efficient transport of good, materials and supplies to each department. Monitors Periodic Automatic Replenishment (PAR) of all food items to ensure proper levels are on hand. Ensures proper rotation of all products using First In First Out method. Conducts and/or assists with inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs for all storage areas. Participates in inventory of china, glass, and silver.
- Supervises placement of food, beverage, supplies, etc., through approved vendors using property's procurement software. Assists Purchasing Manager as needed with variety of purchasing activities, i.e. projects, resourcing vendors, placing orders.
- Provides guidance and leadership to Purchasing Team Members whenever necessary. Provides feedback about performance and may be involved in the evaluation process. Provides feedback to management on work-related issues including those that might lead to disciplinary action. Makes assignments and distributes workload; manages day-to-day workflow. Provides subject-matter expertise to co-workers. May be assigned time-keeping authority. Provides training and coaches staff.
- Ensures proper receipt and inspection of all deliveries according to property's policies and procedures to ensure daily compliance with all specifications and verifies that invoice or packing slip is present. Checks delivery invoice against purchase order (or other document) to verify weight, count, prices, and quality of goods received and accuracy of delivery. Refuses acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. May assist with unloading deliveries from trucks.
- Completes requisition forms for inventory and supplies. Places orders by phone or computer and enters inventory information into the computer. Maintains copy of invoices for goods and products received and posts invoices using computer programs. Maintains clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly. Verifies and tracks received inventory and completes inventory reports and logs. Troubleshoots vendor delivery issues and oversees return process.
- Distributes goods and products to appropriate locations using dollies, handcarts or golf carts. Handles and documents movement of merchandise from the storage areas to the respective outlets through daily requisitions.
- Utilizes hotel's computer systems (i.e. Birchstreet) to place orders and finalize all transactions. Maintains purchasing log of items received and provides information to Accounts Payable. Runs and analyzes various reports to monitor inventories, costs, budget, and use. Uses property's systems to set up and maintain order sheets, set up specifications for all items purchased and charge departments for items purchased
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- May respond to lost and found calls and requests. Ships out items after obtaining guest information. Prepare shipping labels for outgoing packages.
- Receives and stores guest packages and notifies guests of receipt using hotel's computer system. Delivers guest packages to front desk or guest rooms as required. Responds to guest inquiries and special requests promptly to ensure guest satisfaction. Notifies manager of guests' complaints and unusual situations.
- Reports maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair to manager.
- May assist in the efficient operation of the loading dock area.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Normally requires two or more years related experience and/or training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.< li>Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests and vendors.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.