Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
||US - TX - Montgomery
| Work Permit Needed:
||Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
To coordinate the activities of the restaurant staff, to deliver a quality product and service to restaurant customers. In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, performing each function is solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Essential Job Functions
- Trains the restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet.
- Organizes and conducts pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes, check uniform standards and give pre-shift information such as information from the BEO binder.
- Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local liquor laws.
- Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
- Gives guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintains profitability of the outlet to support overall hotel operations.
- Controls payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
- Ensures par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead.
- Participates in promoting and marketing the restaurant.
- Interacts positively with customers and departments, promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Coordinates restaurant service and supply needs with various departments through written and verbal communication.
- Resolve problems and guest concerns to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Answers telephones in a clear voice, coordinating and documenting reservations.
- Maintains rapport with all departments and attends relevant meetings.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers and write correspondence.
- Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of key-punches to program system.
- Ensure that all room and deck tables and chairs are set properly.
- Adjust the lighting, sound and televisions correctly inside and out.
- Maintain appropriate levels of cleanliness and organization.
- Review Bar, Waitress, and Porter checklists to ensure completion.
- Monitor side work to ensure cleanliness of room
- Keep BEO binder current and relay information to staff in pre-shift line-up.
- Maintain cash bank
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, this position may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with La Torretta Lake resort & Spa rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Maintains an open door policy and monitors employee relations.
- Ensures maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Supports the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
- Provides a clean and safe environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
- Other duties as requested by the Director.
General Skills / Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with employees and customers, understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to manage staff and apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to input and retrieve information using a computer system.
- Writing ability to compose various correspondence and document reports, forms and order, using correct grammar and appropriate vocabulary.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to move up to 150 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs., and to lift lighter objects overhead.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to handle criticism.
- Must be able to deal effectively with internal and external customers.
Minimum 2 years Food & Beverage and supervisory experience required. High school diploma required. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. TABC certification required and ability to obtain Food Service Sanitation certification. First Aid and CPR certification preferred. All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available). Able to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to converse with guests and employees in English. Bilingual/Spanish helpful.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer. Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.