Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Assists Chefs de Partie & Sous-Chefs in running the day to day kitchen operations.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest and employee complaints to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Responsible for pizza preparation
* Maintain high standards of appearance and good personal hygiene
* Thoroughly follow instructions for pizza preparation and handling
* Ensure hygiene standards are kept to the highest standards at all times
* Work closely with Stewards to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen area as well as equipment and utensils
* Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times
* Report any problems, failures of machines or small equipment and so on as soon as possible
* Inspect all refrigerated areas and ensure regular turnover of food items
* Maintain all food storage spaces tidy and clean at all times
* Find methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service provided
* Strive to propose -and initiate when approved- new services and products for our guests
* Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time
* Ensure the correct tools and procedures are used to prepare, build and present perfect pizzas.
* Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. * Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Completed apprenticeship course
* 2 years of experience in similar capacity, (hotel experience preferred)
* Good Food and Beverage knowledge
* Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and management demands
* Outstanding technical cooking skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.