Payroll Tax Analyst
The Loews Business Services Center is currently seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst to join the team. Home to the Loews Financial and Reservations Shared Services Center, the Business Services Center is located in downtown Nashville, TN in the Fifth Third Center.
The Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and liaisons with the service provider in the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing budgets, projections, and special reports for senior management. This is a senior position in which the incumbent's primary responsibility is payroll taxes. Generally requires 2 to 4 years of related payroll tax experience. CPP designation preferred.
- Responsible for reconciliations and balancing between third-party tax reports and payroll tax summary reports to ensure accurate monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Maintain accurate records of quarterly and annual returns filed by third-party service provider or self-filed.
- Respond to payroll tax notices from Federal, State, and Local agencies.
- Monitor notices from third-party service provider related to HR or payroll data issues requiring resolution.
- Work with third-party service provider to resolve issues or create amendments.
- Handle prior-quarter and prior-year adjustments using service provider tools.
- Handle W-2c adjustments through Social Security Administration Business Services.
- Manually prepare amended federal and state forms under specific circumstances.
- File zero-returns for jurisdictions with no payroll activity.
- Work with Corporate Legal and Tax departments to handle administrative tasks related to new tax jurisdiction setup.
- Audit employee tax profile setup to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure uncollected taxes are collected from employees.
- Provide support to payroll specialists regarding tax questions and calculations.
- Respond to internal and external queries related to tax withholdings, W2’s, and tax elections.
- Prepare check requests to remit taxes manually for new jurisdictions or for prior period adjustments.
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the BSC.
- Required to attend all training sessions and meetings.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll
- Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments
- Working payroll knowledge of Section 125 (cafeteria plans) and deferred compensation plans
- Familiarity with federal and state payroll filing requirements for quarterly and annual returns
- Understanding of amendment process for quarterly and annual filings
- Strong tech savvy and the ability to learn technical subjects quickly.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to understand complex payroll issues or calculations
- Excellent client service skills
- High attention to detail
- Superior people skills, including verbal and written communications with all employee levels
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team environment.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Proven ability to handle pressure, heavy work volume and critical deadlines
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) highly-preferred
- Knowledge of third-party tax provider systems such as ADP, Ceridian, or OSV.
- General knowledge of database architecture, queries, and report writing
- General understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC), quality assurance (QA), and user acceptance testing (UAT)
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: Minimum three years payroll experience, preferably in a computerized accounting environment. Knowledge of automated workflow preferred.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V