HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best. We have a culture of winning, we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving, yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're in on the ground floor of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long - term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level.
An engaging, high-energy environment, HEI presents a rare career opportunity: the chance to shape a powerful leader in the hospitality industry.
|The Payroll Manager is responsible for assisting in the oversight of more than 55 decentralized hotels and approximately 10 centralized hotels from a payroll processing perspective. This position will assist in ensuring the administration and compliance of company policies, accuracy of payroll throughout the company, have a strong understanding of Federal and State regulations, an ability to interpret Union CBA's, being a diplomat and a good communicator, have knowledge of ADP systems, an understanding of the ever-changing legal environment, and the ability to multi-task. It will include being responsible for managing multiple entities and multiple locations throughout the US on all matters concerning payroll development, compliance, and delivery. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the hospitality industry using ADP systems, both for payroll and timekeeping, and participated in implementations or system changes in prior positions.
* Approach all situations with hotel managers and employees, vendors, corporate office and ownership in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with HEI standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotels, corporate office and ADP.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
* Comply at all times with HEI standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
* Effectively manage and communicate payroll related issues to the hotels and corporate office. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of payrolls; both weekly and bi-weekly hotels.
* Ensure that payrolls are accurately recorded in accordance with HEI established guidelines. Investigate and resolve variances and offer practical improvement methodologies to the hotels and upper management.
* Ensure compliance on all federal and state regulations regarding tax laws, retirement funds, social security benefits, etc. Provide assistance to upper management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
* Assist in guiding and directing the HEI property Directors of Human Resources and Directors of Finances as it relates to payroll related questions and procedures
* Assist with managing all acquisitions and divestitures for payroll related concerns
* Establish audit procedures for payroll at the hotels and corporate office.
* Ensure compliance to all HEI Standard Operating Procedures.
* Assist with all acquisitions and divestitures for payroll related concerns
* Ensure HEI Standard Operating Procedures and Procedural Manuals are reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
* Establish and direct payroll internal controls with the emphasis on maintaining data integrity, security, as well as process design/compliance and improvement
* Schedule, audit, and review processes to ensure the accuracy, integrity and compliance of payroll data.
* Assist with and provide sponsorship of corporate and hotel level payroll projects.
* Work with corporate accounting, tax, human resources and upper management to address matters relating to payroll services.
* Continually focus on training and development programs for payroll employees at the properties.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
* Must have working knowledge of computerized payroll systems and applicable payroll laws and regulations.
* Experience in the Hospitality or Food Services Industry preferred
* Certified Payroll Professional preferred
* ADP Vantage experience preferred but minimum ADP experience required
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Skills and Knowledge
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must routinely meet deadlines given by the property, corporate office, vendors and/or ownership.
* Must be able to multi-task.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must be able to prioritize departmental functions in order to meet due dates and deadlines.
* Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with strategic goals
* Ensure we are in compliance with HEI, Sarbanes Oxley and regulatory jurisdictions
HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled