The Franklin Hotel at Independence Park
Location: US - PA - Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA, US 19106
Provide exceptional guest service or moments of magic in a courteous and professional manner. To create a guest friendly atmosphere in the lobby and promote efficient handling of all guests needs. Oversees the operation of the Front Office and acts as Manager on Duty in the General Manager’s absence.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Supervise, train and develop all front desk/guest services staff. Use the PM Hotel Group resources for all recruiting, and on-boarding activities.
• Implement company and franchise programs and manage the operations of the front office to ensure compliance with hotel and company policies and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
• Assist the GM to prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
• Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
• Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
• Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
• Be thoroughly familiar with the job duties of a GSA and a night auditor and be able to fill in for those positions when needed.
• Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to handle cash and credit transactions. Must possess thorough knowledge of all guest services department operations and individual job requirements. Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills required. Computer literacy and financial management a must. Ability to resolve guest, supervisor and employee conflicts. Able to effectively manage multiple tasks at all times.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group . Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.