Night Audit - Holiday Inn The Colony
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
We are looking for individuals who are flexible, adaptable, and moldable; that want to grow within the hospitality industry.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
The Night Auditor accounts for and balances daily financial transactions in all profit centers of the hotel (including Rooms and Food & Beverage areas) and reports information accurately. Performs a combination of duties related but not limited to check-in and check-out of guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner. Assumes ultimate responsibility for the safety and general welfare of in-house guests each night.
* Balances and audits for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue; assists in the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
* Prepares various audit worksheets as well as the Daily Flash Reports.
* Logs guest complaints into the Front Desk Communication or Log Book.
* Registers guests into the hotel and checks guests out of the hotel.
* Balances and audits for accuracy all room and tax charges, cashier’s reports and guest and house accounts.
* Completes and transmits daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents; prepares customer tracking report, market segmentation report, food and beverage revenue report necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
* Communicates with other hotel departments as necessary to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
* Performs all Guest Service Representative functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations; may assist in answering hotel phone calls and notifying guests of messages; will facilitate proper security of department keys.
* Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
* Makes daily deposits (as applicable).
* Verifies room charges and rates; verifies register has appropriate starting cash.
* Manages daily paperwork including occupancy report; guest list; cash drawer summary; balance sheet; account summary; history file; and housekeeping report.
* Submits reports to corporate office as appropriate.
* Monitors room availability .
* Blocks rooms and handles guest requests.
* Performs and documents security walks on a regular basis.
* Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and implementation of procedures.
* Prepares continental breakfast on time; replenishes breakfast items as needed.
* HOTEL EXPERIENCE
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
See job description