Night Audit for Boutique Hotel in Ohio
Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
Portfolio Hotels & Resorts is looking for a dedicated Team Member to fulfill the Night Audit responsibilities at a boutique hotel located in north-eastern Ohio.
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Night Audit is primarily responsible for auditing daily revenues for accuracy. S/he is responsible for maintaining an efficient and effective flow of information with guests, Team Members, managers, housekeeping, and other departments within the hotel.
The Night Audit shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints to ensure satisfaction.
- Balance and audit for accuracy all room and tax charges, cashier's reports, and guest accounts.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Prepare customer tracking reports, market segmentation reports, food and beverage revenue reports, and other auditing reports necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
- Act as a hotel liaison during night hours.
- Communicate with other hotel departments as necessary to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
- Perform guest service functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations, answering hotel phone calls, and notifying guests of message.
- Conveys company information, decisions, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Act as Manager on Duty.
- Bring passion and delight to your guests and peers.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Previous front office experience preferred
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Two years customer service experience
- Basic computer, telephone, and math skills
- Strong command of English
- Other languages helpful