Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Balance room, restaurant and bar daily work. Post and balance charges and settlements in a timely and efficient manner. Maintain files and reset the systems for next day operations. Also works as a front desk agent during shift as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Micros tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, server's tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
- Run audit reports/journals.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout their shift.
- Input onto the PC revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities asked by the Controller and the Assistant Controller based upon department needs.
- Ensure all reports and back-up vouchers are complete and filed properly.
- Ensure all necessary copies of documents/back-up and reports of daily work are distributed to the proper person (i.e. A/R, A/P, and Payroll).
- Review and correct discrepancies in the Front Desk System.
- Coordinate with the front desk and restaurants/bars closing to facilitate a smooth operation of file maintenance and reset of system totals for next day operations.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys, certificates, and coupons as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office areas.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash; make change and balance as assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor/manager.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor/manager.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
- Assists other Front Desk Personnel when need.
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable accounts payable, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to understand and communicate with employees and guests. Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously performs essential job functions.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds maximum.
- Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking.
- Frequent talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
EOE M/F/D/V -- Westmont Hospitality Group conducts post-offer Background Check/Drug Testing