A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The Spa Massage Therapist is to provide spa treatments for guests. All treatments will be delivered in the protocols set forth by Mandarin Oriental Hotel group.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Offer the highest level of personalized service while maintaining a gracious, enthusiastic, helpful and professional attitude with all guests and colleagues.
- Create special conversations with guests which identify personal preferences in order to record in each guest's profile history.
- Maintain a daily record (via Spa Soft software) of all guest requests, reservations and confirmations for guests.
- Communicate and describe in an articulate manner the spa offerings and their benefits.
- Provide consistent massage and body treatments as directed in training classes and accepted certification practices.
- Properly care for equipment and product used throughout the spa facility.
- Understands and adheres to punctuality for spa appointments.
- Ability to compare and contrast the different services on the menu.
- Recommend and up-sell services that fit the guests’ needs.
- Recommend spa products that fit the guests’ needs.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Handle guest questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy
- Respond to guest requests immediately, accurately, and appropriately.
- Understand the importance of and committed to continuing education.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation, sterilization, restocking rooms, and the pantry area.
- Maintain an understanding of the spa industry and spa philosophy (balance, relaxation, unity, and a healthy lifestyle)
- Understand that as a representative of the Spa they will maintain a healthy, fit appearance and a positive attitude.
- Maintain a clean, safe, stocked and well organized work area
- Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Assist in all areas of the spa operation as directed by management
- Comfortable around guests in a state of undress.
To view complete job description click link: MOLAS JD Spa Massage Therapist.doc