A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: Maintenance is what keeps a hotel running smoothly. To deliver a great guest experience - a Maintenance Representative will make sure everything is working so guests are safe and comfortable.
- Complete minor repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as detailed in the hotel preventative maintenance calendar.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guest entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and make minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure things are working properly and efficiently at all times.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Maintain front entrance area, parking area and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting).
- Ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc. using established hotel procedures.
- Replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimize waste.
- Follow established safety procedures at all times.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Respond to guest requests for service according to company policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
- Program phone equipment according to hotel needs.
- Observe equipment and utility meter readings on a daily basis.
- Stay accessible to Front Desk and Chief Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand and use specifications.
- Work to precise measurements.
- Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements.
- Lift and move materials and products.
- Climb and balance self.
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
HS Diploma or equivalent
One (1) plus year of experience in commercial building. Preferred in hotel/resort.
HVAC and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) highly preferred.