Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Tampa
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, and Missouri, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Renaissance is a beautiful community located in Tampa, Florida offering Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Renaissance focuses on programs and services that help a person remain as independent as possible no matter what level of care they may need. Currently we are seeking a talented Maintenance Assistant to work overnight that will make an impactful contribution to our team!
The responsibility of the Maintenance Assistant is to assist the Environmental Services Director in maintaining and operating the physical aspects of the Community.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the Environmental Services Director to ensure that the Community is covered at all times in the event of an emergency.
- Assist the Environmental Services Director in the preventative and routine maintenance programs to ensure that mechanical equipment, building structures and grounds are properly maintained.
- Assist the Environmental Services Director in the safe operation of all mechanical equipment through routine physical inspections.
- Assist the Environmental Services Director in performing necessary maintenance and repairs in the apartments where specifically authorized by work orders.
- Assist Environmental Services Director in maintaining necessary records and inventory controls to ensure that adequate maintenance supplies are on hand and to prevent theft.
- Assist Environmental Services Director in maintaining operating manuals for mechanical and maintenance equipment.
- Assist Environmental Services Director to ensure that all maintenance work and storage areas are maintained in a safe, organized and clean manner.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Environmental Services Director as discovered.
- Monitor life safety equipment to include the fire alarm and resident call system and advise appropriate personnel of emergency conditions.
- Monitor audible door alarms that indicate an entry door(s) is not secure; secure doors as necessary (if applicable).
- Assist emergency medical personnel, fire department or law enforcement personnel as necessary.
- Monitor Handicap and No Parking locations. Ticket violators per Company policy. Deter and/or report acts of vandalism or damage as noted in entry area, lobby, common areas or parking lot.
- Walk the common areas and secure all exit doors on a scheduled basis and check interior lighting.
- Check exterior of building reporting on the status of site lighting, as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school diploma preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year maintenance-related experience including working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and HVAC systems.
- HVAC and other related maintenance certifications desirable.
- Must be an independent worker with good communication skills able to multi-task and be organized.
- Must possess good decision making skills and have a sense of safety awareness.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.