Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago's most beloved landmarks from the 1890's is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy's Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Job OverviewThis position will plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets, in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications.Essential Functions
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests
- Inform Head Cook of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen, preferably in a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment with large events of varying specifications.
- Prior experience with standardized recipes and ability to follow presentation guidelines required.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
- Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to move throughout crowded kitchen areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs on occasion; must be able to push/pull cart of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, weekends and holidays as business dictates.