The Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina is looking for an experienced line cook who has the passion for food and the hospitality industry. This position Full-Time and Part-Time cooks. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment with dedicated employees, please apply!
The Full-time position offers a wide variety of benefits!! Heath insurance, 401K, and paid time off. We offer employee incentives and a hotel discount program.
JOB OVERVIEW: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per Hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Hotel standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, flat top grill, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.