At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Find peace, quiet and wide-open spaces at Doral Arrowwood, the premier Resort and Conference Center in Westchester County. Nestled in the heart of 114 acres Doral Arrowwood offers an array of resort activities to relax and unwind. As a truly unique destination, this picturesque retreat features restful lodging, delicious dining, and exceptional meeting and special event venues designed to accommodate corporate executives and leisure guests.
By joining the Doral Arrowwood Team, you become part of Benchmark Hotels & Resorts. We have a mosaic of talent that drives our passion is to be the difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
- Check daily production sheets and check with Chef or lead cook as to daily work need.
- Assist in any area of the kitchen as needed.
- Prepares food items according to specific standards.
- Timely execution of all meal functions.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen prep areas.
- Possessing knowledge of Kitchen hardware and their particular function for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Dating all food items before storage.
- Utilize all trimmings, excess and unused portions of food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty on banquet and/or conference dining dish out for food service.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Three years of experience in heavy volume food production in a restaurant setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Understanding of regulatory health and safety requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Benchmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We encourage a diverse workplace that reflects the diversity of our community.