Laundry - M1 Lead Mechanic
What will I be doing?
A Laundry Attendant with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for ensuring Laundry efficiency and maximization by monitoring, maintaining, repairing and performing preventive maintenance on the Hotel's Laundry equipment, including but not limited to: washers, dryer, folders, spreader, ironers, uniform ironing equipment, wardrobe equipment, air compressors, air conditioning equipment, boilers, steam and condensate lines, sewer lines and water treatment equipment. Also by providing direction and training to M-1, M-2, M-3 and M-4 level Mechanics. Solicit advise and direction from equipment manufacturers' representatives. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Supervise and Train M-1, M-2, M-3 and M-4 level Laundry Mechanics. Perform preventive maintenance on all Laundry equipment.
* Monitors the operation of all laundry equipment by reading gauges, and through visual and aural inspections.
* Maintain parts inventory of critical spare parts and needed repair parts. Maintain logs of equipment history as it pertains to repairs completed or needed.
* Troubleshoot and perform needed repairs on all Laundry equipment as needed.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. High school graduation required. Training program or apprentice program desired. Experience with Jensen, Braun and Milnor laundry equipment desired.
7 years experience Hotel or similar Laundry facility maintenance or similar Plant systems. Experience in Central Plant Boilers and Laundry equipment.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Type 3 Hawaii Drivers License required. Ability to obtain Health Clearance Certificate as required by law.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems, computer control systems and components, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and systems boiler and steam distribution and return, air conditioning and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of utility and sewer systems associated with Laundry operations.
- Skill in using computer systems for Laundry management systems and internal communications.
- Ability to assign and supervise work schedules of Laundry maintenance personnel.
- Ability to operate a forklift, electric cart, electric lift and pick-up truck.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to complete logs, read blueprints and mechanical drawings, communicate with co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
- Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials, areas covered, layout plans and prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations using a calculator.
- Ability to push, pull or otherwise transport objects or materials weighing up to 200 Ibs. Using a hand cart/truck or other wheeled assistance.
- Ability to perform task consistently while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting, grasping, lifting, or carrying items weighing up to 50 Ibs.
- Ability to climb ladders, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel, both indoors and outdoors for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions, which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to manipulate switches, operate fine hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment. Ability to use equipment and machinery and manipulate materials in various ways such as cutting, sawing, grinding, sanding, gripping, soldering and securing materials together.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to handle criticism.
- Must be able to deal with internal and external customers.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!