Laundry Attendant at Boutique Hotel in Ohio
Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
Portfolio Hotels & Resorts is looking for a dedicated Laundry Attendant to add to our amazing Team at a Boutique Hotel in north eastern Ohio
SUMMARY: The Laundry Attendant is primarily responsible for cleaning and storing linens in a timely, organized manner to ensure that the Hotel's laundry and linen needs are met. S/He will promote a safe working environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Laundry Attendant will work with supervisors, inspectors, and other members of the housekeeping team to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Laundry Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Clean and store linens in a timely, organized manner to ensure that hotel's laundry and linen needs are met.
- Receive soiled linens by bag, cart, or chute from the floors. Sort all articles by kind, color and degree of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and record all damaged or stained items.
- Operate washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers' guidelines.
- Ensure necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycle.
- Fold clean linens and store as appropriate. Operate linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironer machines.
- Keep all supplies, cleaning materials, and clean linens secure, free of clutter and hazards, and in assigned storage areas where others can find them and to prevent losses or damages.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Monitor and control supplies; minimize waste within laundry facility
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Report any maintenance issues or concerns.
- Respond to guest requests from housekeeping or other departments.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Assist in maintaining hotel inventory of supplies, linens, and other amenities.
- Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest services of the Hotel.
- Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contribute to guest services and hotel success through teamwork.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Prior experience using hazardous cleaning chemicals, large machinery, and cleaning accessories