JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Laundry Attendant is to ensure cleanliness and availability of linen items for Housekeeping and Food & Beverage as necessary and to keep pace with demand.
Essential Job Functions
- Sorts, washes, dries and folds all linen and terry. Pulls out of circulation stained and damaged linen and terry and sets aside for mending or extra cleaning.
- Keeps all equipment clean and reports maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Keeps laundry room and linen/terry storerooms stocked, clean and orderly.
- Keeps all laundry and cleaning supplies stocked and stored properly.
- Assists housekeepers in stripping rooms of linen and terry, and helps with stocking of housekeeping carts.
- Acquires working knowledge of the property and all facilities to respond to guest questions effectively.
- Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures as required to maintain a secure and safe environment for all associates and guests.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
High School Diploma Preferred.
Interested, qualified applicants can apply online at www.jhmhotels.com . Online applications are required.
JHM Hotels is an e-verify and Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.